At UnitedHealthcare, we listen to your needs and offer you many different plans to choose from, because feeling good about your health starts with feeling good about your health care coverage.
There are two basic times to enroll. Open Enrollment Period (OEP) runs from October 15 through December 7. Some individuals may qualify for a Special Election Period (SEP), where they can enroll throughout the year. Reasons for qualifying for a SEP include:
- You become eligible due to age or disability
- You recently moved to a new service area
- You qualify for extra help with your prescription drugs
- You are on Medicare and Medicaid
You will be given the opportunity to learn about your Medicare plan options through face-to-face interaction with a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions licensed sales agent. During these meetings, you can explore your options and receive advice from a local agent who can help you enroll in the plan that may best meet your needs.
Medicare doesn’t cover everything. Some of the items and services Medicare doesn’t cover include:
- Long-term care (also called custodial care)
- Most dental care
- Eye exams related to prescribing glasses
- Cosmetic surgery
- Hearing aids and exams for fitting them
- Routine foot care